Thursday, February 16, 2012
I've been honored with a blog award!
I am wowed and honored to have been presented with the very prestigious Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award, given to me by good friend and critique partner, Rachel Brimble. Receiving this award means sharing 7 random facts about me. I have to tell you that I don’t usually like talking about myself, so this is extremely difficult, but here goes.
1. I cannot start my day without coffee. And not just because of the caffeine. I adore the flavor of it. Tully’s is my favorite brand. Always smooth, never bitter.
2. I don’t really have a favorite anything. Favorite food, or color or song. It changes, constantly. I have more like mini obsessions. My current food obsession is Chinese. And my favorite song is…well, anything by Adele. Which particular song changes depending on my mood and the day. Lol
3. I believe in the supernatural. As in ghosts, angels, demons. And yes, I have had experiences. ;)
4. I have a love affair with historical romance novels. Preferably Regency era. In fact, until I started writing, they were all I read. I didn’t read contemporary. I would love to be able to write a historical, but I don’t have the voice or the knack for the research required.
5. I’m very forgetful. I have to write everything down and set reminders for myself or I forget. I've always been this way, too. I like to say that my head is a sieve--stuff falls out at random. I've been asked my name before and had to stop and think about it for a moment. lol
6. I have my very own fan club. When our German Shepherd, Ruby, had to be put down a year ago, we adopted a puppy to fill the hole she left. Then adopted another puppy as a friend for the first. My husband calls them “The mommy fan club” because they follow me everywhere. When I’m in the shower, they’re in the bathroom with me...the whole time. If I close my door to get dressed, they wait outside. When I leave the house, they sit staring at the front door waiting for my return. They don’t follow anybody else quite to this extent.
7. I’m naturally a very shy person. It’s almost a phobia for me. I’m also content with my own company. I’d rather sit quiet and watch people go by. So when in a crowd, I’m usually so quiet I make people nervous. Now that I’m an author, I’m attempting to come out of my shell. It’s difficult, but I’m finding it fun to challenge myself.
Now that you know how strange I am, I'm giving the award to these stellar bloggers. Ladies, it's time to reveal 7 facts about yourselves and pass the sweetness.