Friday, February 28, 2014

Favorite Hero Friday with Mackenzie Crowne

Hey guys! It's another Favorite Hero Friday. Today I've got fellow Wild Rose Press author Mackenzie Crowne. She and I also share the same agent.  Welcome, Mac!



Who’s your all-time favorite hero? If don’t have one (cause, really, how on earth can you possibly pick just one?), then pick one you really enjoyed reading. Tell us why he’s your favorite. What makes him special? Be sure to give us the name of the book, so we can go look him up!

Wow, you’d think it would be hard to pick just one, wouldn’t you? But when a hero stands out, he stands out. Best, all time hero has to be Samwise Gamgee from Lord of the Rings. Without the loyal Sam at his side, Frodo’s quest would have been doomed. Unfortunately, as a hobbit, I doubt Sam has the pecs and abs required for a proper romance cover, so…perhaps I should choose Gray Rouillard from Linda Howard’s After The Night. Talk about tall dark and sultry. A little bit edgy, very earthy and incredibly confident, he’s irresistibly drawn to the one woman he can’t give a second look without breaking open old family wounds. I’d read romance from the time I was in high school, but it was Gray who spoke to my adult, woman’s heart, and the rest is history. I’d tell you how many times I’ve re-read ATN, but then you’d know how pitiful I am.

Now tell us about a hero from one of your books. And yes, I know picking a favorite hero is like trying to choose which child is your favorite—they all are. Every single book I write, I’m positive this hero is my favorite. Until I start the next one. But, I’d like you to choose one anyway. Tell us about him. What makes him who he is? And where can we find this sexy beast?

This is a mean question, Joanne. My other published heroes, Finn, Trevor, Coop, and Colin and my upcoming heroes, Rhy, Jake and Gabe, are lined up in front of me, arms crossed, brows lowered in various, sexy scowls, for not typing their names. Beau is grinning, of course, because I chose him and A Song for Sophie by default as my latest release. Then again, he’s Beaumont Walker, The Bachelor Ballad, Country music superstar and bad boy. He has a lot to grin about. Life is good. Fame, fortune and women follow him wherever he goes. Music, however, is his mistress—until a laid off high school history teacher with balls-to-the-wall attitude and a butt ugly wardrobe introduces him to the concept of friendship. But that is who he is. What makes him a hero? If you ask Sophie, being a hero has nothing to do with looks, though tall, dark and sexy doesn’t hurt. No, she’d tell you Beau is her hero because, beyond being her friend and making her laugh, he understands her heart.

You can find Beau and Sophie’s love story at fine online retailers, including The Wild Rose Press, Amazon and Barnes and Noble.   

Jobless, practically homeless, and tired of being manless, Sophie Taylor jumps at the chance to be Beaumont Walker’s personal assistant. Six weeks on the road with country music’s bad boy—and, more importantly, his all-male crew—is the perfect opportunity to change her life.

Beau Walker doesn’t need any more distractions. Sophie, with her butt-ugly suits and balls-to-the-wall attitude, shouldn’t be one, but she proves to be distracting and more—even, surprisingly, a friend. So when he discovers her plan to snag a man from his worldly wise crew, he’s determined to protect her from herself.





I just so  happen to have Beau on my iPad waiting for me. I'm finishing up AJ Nuest's Candra's Freedom and I'm thinking Beau's next. I adore your cover, Mac! Thanks so much for sharing him! Tell your guys they can all have their turn, too. lol 

So, guys, have you read either of these books? What'd you think? 

10 comments:

  1. I have this one and plan to read it too. I just have so many in line ahead of it right now, but...soon!
    Give all those men big hugs, Mac, and then set them up here with Joanne. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more hunky heroes the better! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by, Calisa!

      Delete
  2. One of the things I hate about this Friday Hero Thing you got goin' on, Joanne, is that I always have to buy the book with the guest's favorite hero in it. I love Linda Howard anyhow, so I had to make a fast trip to Amazon to point and click. LOL Who...who's your guest next week??? Finger poised above the Amazon site...

    Mac, you know I loved A SONG FOR SOPHIE as I do all your books. Ladies, if you haven't treated yourself to Mackenzie Crowne yet, you're cheating yourself out of a great author. Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Lord, V, me, too. I've got more books to read than I have days to read them. lol Love hearing what you thought of the book. Thanks for stopping by and sharing, V!!

      Delete
  3. Loved reading A Song for Sophie! Thanks for sharing your favorite heroes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew! Here I am. Sorry I was delayed, Joanne. Thanks so much for having me. I'm actually on the road. DH decided it was time I took a break before I lost my mind completely, so others are caring for my brother this weekend and I'm going to our compound for the first time in three months. Yay! I plan to soak up the peace and quiet and recharge some batteries. :-)

    How sweet are you all for popping in, ladies. V, if you're like me, you'll love Gray. Sheesh, I think it's time I revisit his neck of the woods. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fabulous having you, Mac. Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing weekend!

      Delete
  5. Wow, have to say the older I get the more I appreciate a sexy hot hero, but there's a lot to be said for a man who understands a woman's heart. Enjoyed reading this so have some new books to buy and read. Thanks, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto, Velda! There is something darn sexy about a good guy. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete

Tell me what you think!